Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day! May 8th

I hope everyone is enjoying the day with their mom! But first in other news, I've passed both my real estate exams on the first try and will start working this week! :) So I'm going to be a lot busier now, but will try to squeeze in blogging when I can!

My mom and I went to brunch today, rather than dinner (which we normally do). We decided to go to Omonia Cafe, which I'd been to once before and liked. One of the reasons I like it is because it's such a good value! For $12.95 you get...

Choice of 2 beverages, one alcoholic and non-alcoholic (I got an apple juice and a screwdriver), entree of your choice (I got the strapatsada again)...


and an amazing dessert! This time I tried the "amygdalou" (which is an almond creme cake), while my mom got the strawberry shortcake (which I got last time).


Yesterday while running errands I stumbled upon the best pizza place yet in Astoria! It's called Dino's and it's at 30th & Broadway. Next time we'll definitely be ordering from them!


And of course, even though I'm not a "real" mother yet, I am a "kitty mother" lol, so this day DOES have some special meaning to me!

Peanut may look cute, but he can be a handful... like when he "blackmails" me. How, you ask? Let me explain...


I may have brought this up before, but sometimes when Peanut wants my attention and I'm busy doing something else, he'll deliberately "threaten" to bite my computer wires! He's actually done it before too and he knows it makes me really mad!

But generally he's a good boy. He's very quiet and most of the time he just goes about his business, like...

Playing on the back of the toilet seat (chasing his tail mostly)...


Playing in paper bags...


And of course, cat napping!


He can get grumpy if I disturb him! lol


But I did force him to take a "mommy and me" picture today! :)


Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Happy Mother's Day and MAJOR congratulations on passing the exams!

MJC said...

^^Thanks Liz!

Anonymous said...

hahah that grumpy pic of peanut is too funny. That's what i look like too whenever my sister wakes me up.

Glad you had a great mother's day with your momma!

Congrats on your exam! That is so so exciting & im veryyyy proud :) job hunting and the whole process of figuring out what you want to do in life is such a stress. This is a brand new chapter for ya!

Anonymous said...


I'm giving gratitude to Mr Pedro for all of his help in securing our loan for our new home here in Fruitland. You were organized & thorough & professional, as well as kind which made all of the difference in our interactions with you. We put our trust in you and you most definitely came through for us. Thank you for your patience as well as treating us as people rather than just home loan customers. You stand above the rest, I want to recommend anyone here looking for loan or investors to contact Mr Pedro and his staff because they are good people with gentle heart,
Mr Pedro Email Contact : pedroloanss@gmail.com



Regards,
John Burley! Our hats off to you!!"