Just a quick update for today! The lovely Taylor at the Joy of Food blog has given my blog it's very first award! I'm not quite sure how this award thing works, so maybe my senior bloggers could inform me! I'd be ever so grateful!! :) Anyways, here's the award, and thanks again to Taylor!
Ok, so now that I've been informed on what to do, here are 7 things you don't know about me (at least, I don't think you know about me!):
- When I was little my hair and eye color were at the polar opposite ends of the spectrum. My hair was white light blonde (from my blonde polish/german mother) and I had very dark brown, almost black eyes (from my italian father-- although my eyes are a darker brown than his!).
- I had Lasik eye surgery a few years ago because my vision was so bad and had been damaged from just over a year of contact lens use (and I used them correctly too, my eyes just couldn't tolerate them from some strange reason!). Oh, and the results are astounding!! My vision is literally like 20/10 or something amazing! :)
- I was born in Queens, raised on Long Island, and have lived in New York City for years, so I'm a New Yorker through and through!
- I have a mini-obsession with dinosaurs... even after seeing Jurassic Park, I still would like to get to see one in person! (Yes, I'm an ass. lol)
- My favorite holiday is Halloween and I'm jealous of little kids for getting to celebrate it the way I used to/still want to! :(
- Politically I'm an independent, because I see too much corruption on both sides of the isle.
- I love british mysteries (speaking of which, you've got to see Helen Mirren in the Prime Suspect mystery series!!!).