Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Birthday :) February 20th

It's that time of year again... my birthday! I decided to have my birthday dinner at Blossom, and I invited fellow bloggers Melissa and Shannon. Peanut was a little upset he wasn't included! lol


Earlier today I went to the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle (where they filmed one of my favorite more recent movies, Enchanted!). I did some shopping at the gigantic Whole Foods there first and got a "peach perfection" smoothie at Jamba Juice.


Then I headed over to Blossom. It never ceases to amaze me how good their food is. If I only knew their secret, I'd be the happiest vegan on the planet! :)

Melissa and I shared our appetizers because we both wanted to try more than one!


I started off by getting their porcini flutes.


And Melissa got their ravioli with cashew cream.

I really liked both, and they tasted very similar (both were mushroom filled). Don't let the green (pesto) sauce on mine scare you, it is SO good! And normally I wouldn't touch something that looked so, uh... odd!


I also got a side of their mashed potatoes, which truly was their all-star dish. I have NEVER eaten better mashed potatoes than this! It was worth the extra $6!!!

For my main course I got their lasagna. It never ceases to amaze me how good this is. You really don't miss regular cheese at all!


(Melissa took the photos of the food because her camera's flash was working better than mine. So thanks Melissa!)

And here we are at dinner!

(Our nice waiter took the photo)

Afterwards we ran into Cocoa V (Blossom's vegan dessert place across the street). I further bankrupted myself by getting a cupcake (hey, it's my birthday, and what's another $3 after what we had already spent?!).


This was really good and it was a closer vegan dessert place than Babycakes. The cupcake is chocolate and the frosting is vanilla (and my favorite color too!).

Overall, I'm okay being another year older. I'm not that old anyway. And I feel like I keep learning and growing. I'm in a better place in my life, healthier, and you know what? It shows! :)


I'm going to be doing a post on product reviews and recipes next, so more soon!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Marina!

You look gorgeous and I'm glad you had a great evening : )

Vegan Chick Pea said...

You look beautiful! Happy birthday, hunny! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Blossom is delicious (definitely something I miss since I moved out of the city). Have a wonderful time and continue celebrating! :)

Bliss Doubt said...

Happy birthday Marina. Those porcini flutes look so yummy.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! So envious of your Jamba Juice, I love those things!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, happiest of birthdays!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful woman! Happy birthday girl :)

Anonymous said...

happy belated birhtday!!
you look absolutely beautiful!!!
xx

Missy said...

I had a great time at dinner! Love all of our crazy stories! Love that picture of you too!

Anonymous said...

SO glad you had a nice birthday!! Mine was last week too!

Next time I'm in NY I would love to do a bloggie meetup/lunch or dinner with you!!! I've been dying to try some of these restaurants I keep seeing all over blogosphere.

Sounds like you have a great positive outlook on getting older and wiser.. love it. take care girl!

MJC said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

And Jaclyn, you let me know when you're coming to NY and we'll arrange a meet-up! :)

Anonymous said...

had sooo much fun! happy bday again, my dear.

thank you for inviting me! :) and your dad is awesome for driving us