Monday, August 24, 2009

Daily Eats & Interesting Finds ~ August 24th

I happened to wake up early this morning, so I decided to go have breakfast at the Hollywood Diner, since I live right by there. Apparently actor Gerard Butler was there not long ago... it's a very popular, yet inexpensive spot. Anyways, I got...

The belgian waffles with strawberries (notice the pretty flower design in the middle! :) and a glass of orange juice. I piled on the butter & syrup to make up for the fact that I couldn't finish all of it. Even at 10 a.m. I have trouble choking down food now! I guess I've got into the habit of not eating breakfast... terrific, I know. :(


Instead of all my usual "eats," I decided that I want to do a feature on a product that I've fallen in love with. It truly is the greatest invention since sliced bread if you ask me!

QB's crispy treats filled with ice cream! I found these babies at the Whole Foods Market. I got the chocolate filled ones, and next time I will try the vanilla. What I love about them, is that they are a natural version of rice crispy treats, yet they taste just as good as the kind that you had as a kid! And best of all, there is no icky, disgusting GELATIN in them! So they are vegetarian. I had one of these treats for part of my afternoon snack. They're perfect for this hot summer weather... and under 200 calories per square, which is amazing when you consider how good these things are! (Oh, and they look little on the box, but they actually give you 4 good sized squares per box! I was pleased to see their actual size when I opened the box!)

As for Peanut...




He's growing up so fast! He reminds me so much of Cloudy. He looks a lot like him, except he's a lighter version. lol But while Peanut is different in many ways (as in his unusual love for water), they have a lot in common personality wise... a bit stubborn, but very loving... and extremely smart! All my cats have very high IQ's! ;) Now I just need to teach him how to play the piano, and he can be the next big YouTube star! lol

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Gerard Butler I love love love him. Peanut is looking lovely as ever.

Taylor

Devan said...

hello!
I am Devan. Also a makeup artist.
model. and recovering anorexic.
uhm
TWINS?

Jenny said...

i have seen those rice krispie things everywhere but they're so dang expensive! it's like they're haunting me! I may just have to splurge :)

blueeyedheart said...

Those rice krispie things look really interesting!!

Why the piano -- go for another instrument and then you can have a whole cat band! ;)

<3 <3

Anonymous said...

Peanut is so cute! I am usually REALLY scared of animals, but Peanut makes my heart melt...

Those rice crispy treats sound pretty awesome :D

Healthy Beach Bum said...

those QBs look so darn neat. What a great find girly!

Anonymous said...

I saw those QB's at the WF when I was in NY :D