Friday, August 28, 2009

Nostalgia & Mangia ~ August 28th

Today is hard for me, because 3 years ago on August 28th 2006 we sold our house. I really miss it still, and these past 3 years have been like a (bad) roller coaster ride for me. It is really hard not having a home anymore. I feel like my Mom and I are always on the move, and I just wish that I could go home... only, there is no home to go back to. :( In fact, when our lease is up, we'll be moving again in late January... we don't even no where to yet either! Maybe we'll stay in NYC, maybe we'll move back out to Long Island... It's hard never knowing where you are going to live next. So if you do have a home, never take it for granted! Remember that!!

Anyways, on to happier things... I took some cute pictures of Peanut in Mom's room last night...



We spent the day cleaning and then went to the Olive Garden for dinner. We have a kick-ass Olive Garden near us too. The food may not be the healthiest in the world, but it is SO freaking good. Even when I had anorexia I was able to eat a staggering amount of food there.

I started off with my favorite... minestrone soup. I also had a bit of a breadstick with it (not pictured).


For my entree I had their amazing five cheese ziti al forno. I was actually able to nearly finish it this time! I was surprised, because I never usually can.


And for dessert I felt like trying something different. Their "seasonal special" was pumpkin cheesecake, so that's what I got (we got our desserts to go). This was REALLY good, and I'm usually not a fan of pumpkin desserts. In fact, I've never even had pumpkin pie! So this was definitely a big leap for me. I'm glad I tried it though!


And here's a pic I took of Peanut tonight... he's holding his "companion" which is what I call his raccoon toy. It was the toy that we brought for him in his carrier the night we picked him up. He's slept with him ever since. :)


Have a good weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had pumpkin pie either, although it's not something we eat in the UK. It does sound delicious.

Taylor

Healthy Beach Bum said...

oh girl, you've gotta try some pumpkin pie asap. i promise you it is a little slice of heaven :) That pumpkin cheesecake probably tasted like that too.. What a yummy combo. Have a great day lovely!

Jenny said...

aw sweets i'm so sorry for you home -- but thank you for spreading the message to appreciate what we do have!! <3 keep smiling babe!

Neela Marijana said...

aww babe, i can totally relate to your feeling about home. i dont have a home either. all my life i have moved every three years to a different place. the houses here are just made so that you live in them for long. i really dont like it either.
but in those times i try to remember that there are other things that still stay the same. as in my furniture, my bed etc so i try to keep them and make them my home instead of the room they are put in. and you should just have peanut to give you that feeling of home!!
have a wonderful weekend my lady
xx

Anonymous said...

Having lived in two houses my entire life, I can only imagine how tough it must be to be constantly on the move... but I hope it all works out for you!!

<3 <3

Anonymous said...

I definitely appreciate it whenever I go back home to visit my parents.

As for the Olive Garden - TWO THUMBS UP! That ziti looks bomb-ass and I love their breadsticks :) Pumpkin cheesecake sounds aaaamazing. Take care, girl!

XO

Sophia said...

Being from a missionary family, I never did have a house...I didn't know ppl had sentiments for their own houses! Interesting to know...

And SUCHa cute kittie! SO adorable! Awwww!

p.s. I used to work as a waitress in Olive Garden! Good choice with the ziti!

Bliss Doubt said...

Oh Marina my dear, what can I say to make you feel better? When I moved to Dallas for career reasons, I moved six times the first year. The first place was too far from work. The second place was too slummy. The third place had undesirable room mates. The fourth place was a temporary share. The fifth was in the same building where I'd been sharing, and after someone was mugged and beaten going in one night, I wanted out. Finally, the sixth place was a little bit of heaven, covered with ivy, with a fireplace and the hugest bathtub you ever saw, so I stuck, and bought furniture at thrift stores and garage sales, and made it my home. The journey may be arduous, but one day you'll wake up knowing you're home.

That pic of Peanut in the sink a few days ago shows how little he still is. The picture of you shows a complexion like a peach!

I'm so glad you're blogging again. I'm sure that relating your past eating disorder, and your distrust of your recovery, is helping others. As always I wish you the very best.