Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving! November 26th

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Surprisingly I'm not a big eater on holidays... more of a nibbler. So believe it or not, but I don't have a lot of "eats" pictures today! lol I just spent a quiet Thanksgiving at home with my parents... It's kind of nice having both of your parents together in the same room for a change. I got up early (not intentional, but it just happened), watched most of the parade, and ate my turkey (see below!). Here are some more shots from the parade which took place live, up my block this morning (as I said in my last post, I stayed home in my PJ's and watched it on TV :).



I found this huge (8 oz.) chocolate turkey at Manhattan's one and only Pathmark on the lower east side last weekend. My Mom used to get the mini version of this for me all the time for Thanksgiving, so you can imagine my delight when I saw this baby! lol I actually had some for breakfast this morning, but I'm saving the rest for tomorrow. :)


For lunch and dinner, I had these amazing stuffed mushrooms. They are completely vegetarian, with extra cheese in lieu of the shrimp that is in Mom's recipe. I had SO many of these. Literally 10 or so... but keep in mind, this is more like a main dish for me because I obviously don't eat turkey! I also had some rolls, corn, cranberry sauce, and a sliver of chocolate cream pie (sorry, not pictured!).


Peanut helped us with the cooking... he loves to lay in front of the open refrigerator. (How helpful! ;)

This was Peanut's very first Thanksgiving, and while he loved all the smells coming from the kitchen, surprisingly he turned his nose up at the turkey (he's just like me after all! haha).


Peanut was "on guard" when Dad came. My Dad loves cats, but Peanut is not used to having males around... it took him a while, but he warmed up to him.


Despite the problems I've had over the past few years, I have much to be thankful for... My family, my health, baby Peanut, and re-connecting with some old friends, including one "more than a friend" on Facebook. :)

So tell me, what are you thankful for?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you enjoyed your day :)

<3 <3

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'm thankful for life, my family, and my health.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Neela Marijana said...

happy thanksgiving!
i think i am pretty much thankful for all the things that you mentioned here!
xoxo

Jenny said...

now THAT is a turkey I would love to sink my teeth in to :)

Hope you had a very happy holiday, Marina!

Jocelyn said...

That is so cool that the parade was basically out your window ;)

Sounds like you had a good meal...and your kitty is so cute btw :) Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

stuffed mushrooms sounds amazinggg. yum yum! I'm thankful for my wonderful mom and all of the great bloggies I've met this past year :) Hope you and Peanut had the best weekend <3

Anonymous said...

In an economy that continues to bleed jobs, I am very thankful to have a job that I love.

Happy Thanksgiving Marina. I hope that you, too, will soon find work that you enjoy doing. I know you've been looking.

Bliss Doubt said...

I don't know why my comment just above came out as "anonymous". It's me.