Sunday, March 21, 2010

Good Eats & Granola ~ March 21st

I hope everyone had a good weekend! We actually had amazing weather for a change here in NY! I did get a chance to try 2 of the samples that Galaxy Granola sent me (see reviews below). So now, on to the eats!

I have officially fallen in love with these vegan donut holes! I had tried the cinnamon ones before and loved them, so when I saw the Whole Foods near me had chocolate ones, I couldn't resist!


I liked the chocolate ones a lot, but the cinnamon is still my favorite! Both remind me of munchkins though, and that's always a good thing! (Plus these really fall under the "I can't believe it's vegan!" category.)

The other day I decided to try Galaxy's vanilla almond granola first...


I mixed it in with a Liberte blackberry yogurt (which was good, although apple crumble is still the best!). This granola reminded me very much of so many granolas that I love! I have to hand it to them, I can't tell at ALL that they used fruit juice as a natural sweetener. And you'd never know that it had less fat and sugar!

In other news, my Mom baked banana bread this weekend...


I had some of a slice for breakfast this morning...


Later on I had brunch at Blossom and got their amazing tofu scramble!


For my snack I had a strawberry fruit bar (Whole Food's 365 brand).


For dinner Mom made her very own shrimp marinara recipe. (Shrimp and clams are the only two "meats" I tolerate. And tolerate being the operative word.)


For my snack tonight I tried Galaxy Granola's "not sweet vanilla" granola along with a Chobani pineapple yogurt.


I liked the granola, although I definitely preferred the vanilla (I like the almonds in that one as well). But this is a good granola to have on hand if you want something more plain to not distract from the flavor of your yogurt!

And here are some pics I took of Peanut tonight... he was helping Mom sort coupons! lol



And a kiss from earlier this week...

Who could blame me?! He's the most adorable "man" I've ever met! lol

That's all for now! xo

5 comments:

Susan said...

That Galaxy Granola looks so good!
And Peanut is adorbs : )

Katie said...

Peanut's a pretty hot date, I agree!

Thanks for your support on my race :-)

Tori said...

Peanut looks like he's saying "Get out of my face" Lol!

Healthy. Happy. Well. said...

I love galaxy granola!!!

Caronae said...

I've been enjoying my galaxy granola too :) And that pasta dish looks fab girl!