Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! May 9th

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day and spent time with their mommies! I know I did. :) It really is remarkable how much mothers do! I know I'm always amazed! Here are my eats from this weekend...

Yesterday I had my usual lunch at Qi Asian Eatery. It's really convenient living so close to this place! lol


Afterwards I stopped by Baked By Melissa (their new Union Square location, which happens to be right down the block from Qi!). I just HAD to try their new pancake flavor (that I found out about through my friend, Missy's blog). Plus, I was in luck because they had a few special Mother's Day flavors as well! :)

Cupcakes from left to right: cinnamon, cookie dough, chocolate chip pancake, peanut butter cup, red velvet cake, and a special edition Mother's Day one (chocolate with vanilla frosting). I really liked the new pancake one!

For dinner last night I had Mom's eggplant parmesan. :)


And dessert was a cheesecake blondie that I got from Whole Foods the other day...


This morning I made Mom breakfast... cinnamon rolls!


For lunch I had a Trader Joe's spinach and mushroom quiche...

Notice one of Mom's Mother's Day presents in the pic. The ladybug timer! We needed a new one and I found it one day at Pearl River Mart (one of my favorite stores :).

For dinner we tried an Italian restaurant down the block from us called Gene's. It's on West 11th St. off 6th Ave. in Greenwich Village. It was supposed to be good, being that it was there since 1919! I got the penne alla vodka.


Unfortunately, much like my Mom's dish, I found it bland and almost "watered down." Not very good. Oh well!

And let us not forget that I am too, a mother. A pet mother. :) Peanut was reluctant to take his "Mommy and Me" picture today. lol


But he was a "ham" for the camera later! I LOVE this pic of him. He's actually smiling!! :)


I hope everyone had a nice weekend! :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw!!! Happy mother's day to you and your mother! My baby (Matilda) wasn't with me since she was whisked away to Florida. Oh my goodness I have been missing her so much... I feel like a crazy dog lady lol. Your mom's eggplant parmesan looks sooo good. Isn't it a bummer when you go out to eat and the food is sub par? It's like.. why am I even paying for this? Anywhoooo! The pancake flavored cupcake sounds so interesting! I never really think of pancakes as distinct tasting, but now that I'm thinking about it.. they definitely do.

XOXO beautiful! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend :D

p.s. I'm flying up to NY on the 21st and should be staying for atleast a week! I only booked a one-way ticket so far mwahahha ;) Oh my gosh imagine if I had a reason to stay my entire summer. Matilda would definitely have to be shipped up to me!

Katie said...

Looks like a great Mothers Day weekend! I've always wanted to try the Baked By Melissa cupcakes... they're adorable, and the flavors are so interesting!

MJC said...

Katharina ~ You've got mail! :)

Kelsey Ann said...

i know what u mean! i dont know how my mom can do all that she does. she tells me i'll be a great mom.. but i just cant imagine having as much superhuman energy as her. all moms are super women! seriously... xoxo <3

Anonymous said...

good work on the cinnamon rolls :) They look so gooey and delish!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day Weekend! How nice of you to get mini cupcakes (total yum btw!!!) and make cinnamon rolls!! Yumo! The eggplant looks tdf as well... eggplant parm is my favorite italian dish!

Hope you enjoyed your md as well, with your fur baby kitty! :D

Megan D said...

Woww those cupcake flavors sound to die for! And your whole foods blondie looks yummy- don't they have some of the best desserts?!

Gabriela said...

Pancake cupcakes?! How did I miss that place?! Sounds like you and your mom had a great day together. I hate when restaurants with big reputations don't have good food, it's like they're riding only on their name!! Luckily there are still plenty of awesome places to eat in the city, right?!

Hope you have a wonderful week love!!

Missy said...

Yes how good are those pancake cupcakes mmm! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day! Must try Qi still!

Anonymous said...

Love your big :D kitty cat!
Also, those cupcakes are so unique and delicious looking *drool*

Bummer about the dinner. Better luck next time!

Have a great week

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Aww, darling photo of you and Peanut! :)

whatkateate said...

Just found your blog! Love it + your cat.