Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Daily Eats & Struggles! January 8th & 9th

Well folks, I STILL don't know where I'm going to live. So the stress is mounting by the day. I haven't even had time to do any weekly shopping, so instead we decided to order from Fresh Direct. All we had time for yesterday was a pizza delivery and a grocery delivery. Here are some of the goods...

The dairy...

Stoneyfield peach smoothie, Fage 2% yogurts with fruit/honey, new Easy Omelets (excited to try these!), Finlandia swiss cheese.

The carbs...

Cascadian Farms granola, and Fresh Direct challah rolls, cinnamon coffee cake muffins, and black & white cookie (in the box!).

The "convenience" dinners...

Parmesan risotto, ziti with mozzarella, and baked macaroni & cheese.

The Peanuts...

Ok, well he didn't come with the Fresh Direct order, but I liked this picture anyway. :)

Here are my eats for today...

For breakfast I had one of the Fresh Direct cinnamon coffee cake muffins, along with a fancy glass of orange juice. I say "fancy" because all my other glasses were in the dishwasher, so I ended up using a wine glass. lol I only ate some of the muffin... it was pretty good, but I couldn't finish it. Next time I'm going to add some peanut butter for added protein.

For lunch I had a swiss cheese sandwich on a challah roll with some baked ruffles.

I had my parmesan risotto with mushrooms, peas, & artichokes for dinner. This was good, although the container was only maybe a quarter of the way full! So I had some oranges afterwards (not pictured).

For my snack tonight I had a Fage 2% peach yogurt with the Cascadian Farms oats & honey granola. I also had some of my black & white cookie earlier this afternoon (not pictured).

Peanut has been helping us pack by chewing on the boxes! He looks helpful doesn't he?! Notice my tired (and blurry) Mom in the background. lol


I'll update when I can and let you know when I find something! And let me know if you like grocery posts, because I can try to do them more often!

8 comments:

sophia said...

I love grocery posts, because I have an unnatural fascination with what other people spend their money on. Teehee. And more pictures of Peanuts would be nice!
Hope you find a decent place soon!

Anonymous said...

I love grocery posts too and keep meaning to do some of my own, but forget (mummy does most of the shopping anyway) My how Peanut has grown. I love how you include him in your posts, we get to see him growing too :)

Taylor

Anonymous said...

aww you totally disappointed me by saying that you can't buy peanuts at fresh direct. i would have bought one straight away.
sorry to hear about the home finding struggle. i still wish you all the luck in the world

ada said...

Aww I'm sorry about the housing issues, everything will work out in the end though.

Fresh Direct definitely comes in handy at times like these. During finals it totally saved my booty:)

lynn said...

ahhhh fresh direct - saved me many many trips to the gross store near me in queens

Ruby Converse and Curls said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Your words of wisdom were so helpful and motivating. ;)
I'm sorry you're having such difficulty with finding a place to live. I hope it all gets figured out soon.. Luckily you have Peanut for feline therapy and destressing!

Rachael*

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

oh girly i hope you find a place soon. Fresh Direct looks very convenient! Grocery posts are fun bc I love seeing new food products. Good luck house hunting!

Anonymous said...

Yess grocery posts are fun :D Sometimes you can be inspired and find out about items you didn't know about. By the way, that challah bread sandwich sounds aaaamazing!!!

I'm crossing my fingers for you girlie!

XOXO