Monday, April 12, 2010

Blogger Meet-Up & Other Stuff (April 12th)

Yesterday was our Wild Ginger blogger meet-up, which I will get to in a moment, but I have other eats to post as well, so let's get started!

When I was down in Soho late last week, I stopped in Peep again.


I started off with their amazing spring rolls in a sweet carrot sauce.


For something different I tried their turmeric saffron fried rice. It came with egg, carrots, and a whole lot of other veggies, and I chose to get it with tofu. This was definitely a different fried rice from what I was normally used to, but it was good and I'd get it again.

Yesterday was the highly anticipated blogger meet-up at Wild Ginger! It was so great meeting Gabriela and Caronae for the first time, and seeing my friend Missy again! We were going to have a bigger group, but it was hard to get everyone together at one day and time as it was! Still, I almost prefer the smaller blogger meet-ups, so you really get a chance to talk to everyone and get to know people on a more personal level.

I got the spring rolls....


If you notice, they look different. While they were still good, I feel like Wild Ginger has greatly "cheapened down" their spring rolls! Now you get 3 mini ones instead of 2 big ones. They are still tasty, but their other ones were the BEST. Why must people mess with perfection?!?! Luckily the sauce was still the same. :)


I also got my favorite, their pineapple fried rice. Which thankfully, they did not change!

We forgot to take a group photo while we were still inside the restaurant, but Caronae asked someone to take a pic of all of us outside the restaurant (which again proves how NICE New Yorkers are!).

From left to right: Missy (Missy Maintains), Gabriela (Une Vie Saine), Myself, and Caronae (Run.Write.Therapy.Life)

Afterwards I went to the Bowery Whole Foods like I usually do, and I found this amazing dessert that I had later that night.

A chocolate chip cheesecake blondie!

Earlier today I was up by the Herald Square area of Manhattan and stopped for lunch at Macy's Cellar Bar & Grill. The service is still not that great there, but the food is. I love the scenery in the restaurant too... they have different floats and artifacts from past Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade's.


In front of my table was this rocking horse float from a 1967 Thanksgiving Day Parade.


I got the penne caprese (which is basically penne in a tomato sauce with mozzarella).

And lets not forget who this blog is really about!


Now that he's a big boy now, notice that the little orange patch that he has on his chin has gotten darker? His coloring is more of a rich, ginger orange instead of a baby yellow-orange. :)

Here he is playing in my room today...


That's all for now! xo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for blogger meet-ups!!!! Did you tell Wild Ginger you liked the old ones better? They make think they made them better!

Hope things are going well...drop me a line sometime and hope to see you in September!

Anonymous said...

Aww looks like fun :)

<3 <3

MJC said...

Ellie ~ That's a good idea, I will tell Wild Ginger that the old ones were better. Can't wait until you come back to NY! :)

Missy said...

Great seeing you again! Yes let's definitely go to Sacred Chow next! Loved it there!

Gabriela said...

So glad I finally got to meet you, thanks so much for introducing me to Wild Ginger...it was awesome!! We definitely need to meet up again in the near future!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun fun meetup and yummy Thai food! I'm like you, once I find a "dish" I become obsessed with it and always order it! I like to think of it as a "base" to compare all restaurants off of!

Have a good week!

Kelsey Ann said...

yay for 21 year olds! im new to your blog but i love it:D

all the best on your journey XO

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Aw, how fun!! Pineapple fried rice sounds amazing.

Sophia Lee said...

Pineapple fried rice! Yum! In Singapore, they serve it in a hollowed out pineapple...cool, right? :D Glad you had such a great blogger meet-up! those are always fun!