Thursday, April 29, 2010

A whole year of Peanuts! :) April 29th

I know I said I'd try to update last weekend, but being that today is the 1 year anniversary since we got little Peanut, I wanted to save the post for then! It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by. Peanut was such a tiny baby when we brought him. He actually wobbled around because he wasn't used to walking and he was just off his mother's milk! :) But he learned quickly and grew to be such a healthy, strong boy! The picture at the top of this blog is from that night, but here are a few others as well...





Even though he was 6 1/2 weeks old when we got him, he was unusually tiny for his age (hence the name!). What a precious baby though!!

Now, on to the eats!

Last Friday I met my friend Melissa over at Sea Thai Bistro (which is our usual lunch spot). I LOVE Sea Thai and the Meatpacking District for that matter! And it was a nice day, so we sat outside for a change.

I got their delicious spring rolls...


and their broad rice noodles with tofu.


Other "eats" include...


A bagel from Murray's with swiss cheese and some baked chips (and a coke because I was DEAD tired - our neighbors above us like to stay up all night on weekends - damn them).

A Cadbury "Picnic" bar... which includes nuts and raisins! It was pretty good! (I find all sorts of unique chocolate bars at Fairway Market.)


And I got some pizza this week downtown at Pomodoro's.


Unfortunately it seems their pizza has gone downhill quite a bit. It just wasn't as good as it used to be! :(

Here are some pictures of "grown up" Peanut that I've taken over the past week...



Monkeying in front of the refrigerator (again).


Rolling around by my dinner plate! Something about Trader Joe's Pasta Medley excites him! lol


"Duddying" around on the chair!


And stopping to smell the roses! LOL

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Here's to many, MANY more blessed years with Peanut! :)

Kelsey Ann said...

am i weird that ive never seen a picnic bar! sounds delicious!

awe peanut is such love.. so adorable and cuddly. ur lucky to have such a cutie<3

mm ur spring rolls look tasty- nice and crisp!

have a great thursday night! xo

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Aw, what a cutie Peanut is!! Happy anniversary with him. :)

Gabriela said...

Aww. I remember when my two cats were kittens (I got them in 4th grade!), and now they're pretty old, but I'll always think of them as my babies. Hope Peanut has many more happy, healthy years :)

Would you want to do dinner on Sunday or Monday evening? I'd love to meet up again but my free time before I go home is dwindling!

Anonymous said...

That last photo is just too cute ;)

<3 <3

MJC said...

Gabriela ~ You've got mail! :)

Katie said...

Aww! I need a pet... he makes you so happy!