Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter! April 4th

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! And Happy Passover for those who don't! :) Anyways, I have lots of Easter eats to post, so let's get started!

First, not an eat (obviously!), but this is a pic I took the other day on a walk... it illustrates the gorgeous weather that we've been having here in NYC and that spring is officially here!


And keeping with tradition, Mom and I colored eggs yesterday...


My chocolate bunny, Parsnip Pete! :)


Mom's amazing deviled eggs! (I just helped peel the eggs, she did the rest!)


Dinner was Mom's mushroom lasagna!


And for dessert, Mom made cheesecake! (Mom was definitely busy in the kitchen, God bless her! lol)


And Peanut was totally tuckered out by the Easter festivities!




This is technically Peanut's second Easter, but it's his first one with us! He was just a tiny baby last Easter, spending it with his kitty family (mom, grandma, brothers, and sisters) at the home on Long Island where we adopted him from. :)

I hope everyone had a nice holiday! Next Sunday is our Wild Ginger meet-up, so those of you on the list of attendees will be receiving e-mails from me soon with directions, etc.

I'm watching The Sound of Music now like I do every Easter. No matter how many times I see it, Julie Andrews never ceases to amaze me!

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND PEANUT!! :)

Gabriela said...

Checking my email now for the Wild Ginger info!! Glad you (and Peanut) had a good Easter! I love the name of your bunny, where do the companies come up with this stuff haha? Have a great Monday!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, your cat it so cute! And your blog is great!

I wish I had remembered to dye some eggs yesterday...it's so fun!

Madelyn Nance said...

Peanut reminds me of my kitty pumpkin, and the Sound of Music is my fav! I love the blog!

Katie said...

Looks like you three had a fabulous Easter! That cheesecake looks killer :-)