Sunday, December 20, 2009

White Christmas?! December 20th

As you're all probably well aware by now, NYC (and most of the north east) got hit with a HUGE blizzard yesterday into this morning. We have about a foot of snow where we are now and unfortunately it's incredibly cold out, so it's not going anywhere (I think it'll still be "white" for Christmas too)! Yesterday before the blizzard hit, I went to Quantum Leap for brunch. I felt like taking a long walk before the storm hit, because I knew I'd be snowed in today! Just as I was sitting there in the restaurant, waiting for my food, the first few snowflakes fell. By the time I was walking home, the snow had really picked up! Anyways, here's what I had at the restaurant, along with some of my other daily eats...

I got one of their specials... multi-grain waffles (that I topped with butter & syrup :), scrambled eggs, and 3 soy links. I also got a glass of OJ to go with it.


Later on I had the my other half of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake from The Olive Garden the following night. (That's raspberry sauce on the side!)


Last night's dinner... Morningstar Farms chik'n strips (these were terrific btw!) with mac & cheese and peas! (Sorry I forgot to take the pic until I had already eaten some! lol)


This morning I woke up early, so I decided to make breakfast... good old Pillsbury cinnamon buns! Yum! :)


And here was the view out my window this morning...


Peanut has been busy with the usual... chasing his tail on top of the toilet seat! I swear, he uses the bathroom as his own personal playground! lol

Notice in the first pic that he's squinting... he was playing in the dark last night, and I turned the light on and caught him. haha




Tomorrow I'm going to Brooklyn to check out an apartment... I'm also going to be stopping by Brooklyn's Wild Ginger for lunch! It's supposedly the same Wild Ginger that's in Manhattan (you can see my many reviews of this place here!), so we'll see how it goes! Check back tomorrow for another update. :)

8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

TONS of snow here too - craziness. Just in time for Christmas though :)

Aww, Peanut - cute as always!

Good luck apartment-hunting!

Jenny said...

It will certainly be a very white Christmas! Travel safely, gorgeous! xo

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

wowza that is a lot of snow!!! hope it clears up sooon :( Those cinnybuns look amazinggg. It's a family tradition at our house to bake them when we decorate our tree. Stay warm girly!

Anonymous said...

Do you really think it will still be WHITE a week from now?! ;)

<3 <3

MJC said...

blueeyedheart ~ Christmas is in just 5 days and it's not supposed to be above freezing all week here, so it's a definite possibility! ;)

Anonymous said...

PEANUT is sooooo cuteeeeeeeeeee =D

and the cinnamon rolls? i miss those.

Anonymous said...

We keep getting the odd snow shower here, but in some places snow has stopped traffic and school.

Taylor

Katie said...

I love the snow! It makes me so happy. Hope it sticks around for Christmas instead of raining like they predicted...

I've always wanted to go to Wild Ginger! One of these days...