Saturday, December 5, 2009

December Eats (thus far...) December 5th

Been busy this week, but I wanted to do some blogging this weekend... today I decided to post some of my eats from the past few days, and tomorrow I'm planning on going over to Rockefeller Center to see the tree (and have brunch there too!). So what else has been going on? Things are not over with the boyfriend, and are apparently just on hold... his life has pretty much fallen apart, so I'm cutting him some slack. I know he feels bad, and that he wishes he could be having fun with me instead of dealing with all these problems. Unless something turns around for either one of us soon, I do not foresee a happy holiday... :( But enough of bringing everybody down! For starters, here's some Christmas cheer...

The beautifully decorated tree in our building's lobby. :)


Now on to the eats!

Lunch at Cafe Bari in Soho... I've been here several times over the years, and the food is still great, but I was really disappointed that they've raised their prices and actually give you less food for the money now!! Sadly unless they lower the prices, I will not be returning anytime soon. It's a shame, because their vodka penne (or in this case, rigatoni) with mozzarella is excellent! (But to charge $3.95 for mozzarella is ABSURD. Shame on them!!)

THE best cheesecake in Manhattan... at Chat 'n Chew.

Half of a pita with veggie chik'n strips and cheese, and some of Alexia's delicious golden potato nuggets (otherwise known as tater tots!). Where did the other half of this pita go, you ask? On the floor! Yup, you heard me right. I dropped it and it shattered. Oh well. It was still enough food.

Trader Joe's fabulous broccoli & cheddar quiche!

Mom's delicious eggplant parmesan with spaghetti.

And on to the daily Peanut pic...

Peanut playing on a Trader Joe's bag on my bed. I've never seen a cat like paper more than Peanut. Sometimes he plays with paper ON paper! lol

Please check back tomorrow, because I should be updating again after I go see the tree! (One of the advantages to living right here in NYC!)

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Beautiful tree in the lobby!! And yes, please report back :)

Jenny said...

so jealous - NYC at christmas time is magical! have a great time tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I adore the tree. I think Christmas in New York must be so magical.

Anonymous said...

Aww huney I hope things with your boyfriend work out. I don't know the details, but I do know boys need space when personal things go wrong. I hope it all works out by Christmas. I am probably the most boring person ever, but I really do prefer home cooked meals than eating out, more because whenever I go out if it's not in the same place, I'm often dissapointed. Now I know if I were in New York I'd vernture outdoors, but what would you prefer out or in doors?

Love you
Taylor

Anonymous said...

Easily I to but I about the post should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats off to you send, will look ahead in the direction of more cognate articles soon as its sole of my favourite issue to read.