Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas! December 25th

Merry Christmas everybody! This year Mom and I are staying home. We usually go Upstate and stay with my Grandparents, but this year we felt like it was too much with the up-coming move (plus we have no one to watch little Peanut and I didn't want to leave him for his first Christmas!). As you know, I also got sick this year too. Last night I really didn't feel well and slept poorly... I had a headache, fever, body aches... But this morning I'm much better, so that's the good news. And I still don't know what is even wrong with me either, considering doctors never tell you nowadays! Anyways, I felt ok during the day yesterday at least... Here are some pics from Christmas Eve...

Mom's rum cake. This is a family tradition, as my Grandma always makes this for Christmas too.


Some appetizers... these Pillsbury "Savorings" are great. I get the vegetarian ones (cheese & spinach).


Christmas Eve dinner was shrimp marinara. While I'm not wild about any form of meat, shrimp is about the only thing I tolerate. Still, my Mom makes the BEST marinara sauce!


Santa came early for Peanut! I gave him one of his toys yesterday, and one today. They are these Petstages Cat Nip Infused Ring Toys (and I - I mean, *Santa* got them at Petco. lol).


Peanut with one on Christmas Eve day...



And on Christmas morning...


Peanut had a nice first Christmas (as he was conceived over the holidays last year, when his mother, Pearl, was accidentally let out by the landlord!), and he seems to love his new toys!

For dinner tonight, Mom made stuffed artichokes. (Plus I'll be having more rum cake later! :)


I think a quiet Christmas at home is what we needed, although it is a bit dull and uneventful. I watched my two favorite Christmas movies last night though-- White Christmas and The Muppet Christmas Carol!

So how are you all spending Christmas this year?

7 comments:

Jenny said...

aw I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better, girl. No one should be sick on Christmas! Enjoy the holiday, love :)

Anonymous said...

rum cake=so yummy looking! holiday eats are the best :)

elise said...

merry christmas!!!!!!!!

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

stuffed artichokes.. yummy! That rum cake also looks delish. glad you had a great christmas :) I loveeeee White Christmas too... such a warm fuzzy movie.

Ruby Converse and Curls said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better in time to enjoy Christmas. And it looks like Peanut is thoroughly enjoying "Santa's" presents!

Rachael*

lynn said...

i love your mellow xmas. especially that cake!!!

Katie said...

Merry Christmas, Marina!

Your mom's rum cake looks so freaking good! Rum cake (or "black cake", as my babysitter used to call it) is one of my favorites.