Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gingerbread & Ginger Cat! December 10th

I've been stressing over everything so much lately, that I've been getting really bad migraines... like once a week. So yesterday I was sick again. And it has gotten so terribly cold here, that staying inside sounds like the better option to me everyday! I decided to order lunch from Qi Asian Eatery... they offer free delivery, they are so close by, and cheap! Plus their food is FANTASTIC. I will truly miss living so close by to this place! Here's what I got...

I got their mini mushroom spring rolls for my appetizer (which is FREE btw). These are SO good and the sauce they give you with it is excellent.


For my main course I got my beloved pineapple fried rice. I cannot say enough good things about it, except that it's delicious!


This afternoon I decided to make the gingerbread house. I got this kit for $10 at Bed Bath & Beyond a few weeks ago. Being that this is Peanut's first Christmas coming up, he's never seen a gingerbread house before, and boy did he have fun making it! :)

Peanut gearing up to "help" me...


Here he is going nuts over the candies! It was hard to get pictures because my hands were messy, but he was doing such cute things!


The finished product...



Ok, so it doesn't look like the one on the box, but I tried!

Peanut's work is never done though. He loves to "help" with the laundry too!



Doing the classic "duddy" position (for those who aren't familiar, that's what we call it when he puts his arms over his head and "duddies" them about. lol)


Getting sleepy...


As you can see, we had a very busy day!

I can't believe Peanut will be 9 months old soon (on Dec. 13th)... Time sure is flying by! I hope you've all enjoyed watching him grow up as much as I have. I'd like to feature Peanut more, but it's hard to get so many pictures of him! Feel free to comment and let me know what you'd like to see more of on this blog... I know a lot of you have told me that you like seeing all the cool veggie restaurants I go to in the city... but let me know if there's anything else! That's all for today, my lovelies!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

BEAUTIFUL gingerbread house!! And cute Peanut, as always ;)

Hang in there with the stress and busyness!!

MJC said...

^^Thanks Liz. I know the folks must've liked the recent Peanut pics! :)

lynn @ the actors diet said...

i think the gingerbread house looks great!

i'm organizing a blogger meetup when i'm in nyc on january 1st for lunch in soho - lemme know if you can make it and i'll give you the details:

actorsdiet(at)gmail.com

MJC said...

^^Lynn ~ Just e-mailed you! :)

Bliss Doubt said...

You know I'll always vote for more pics of Peanut, that little nut!

I enjoy seeing daily eats too. I get ideas. Loved the lava cakes, won't buy frozen french toast again (too easy to make my own).

Then you get me started on old obsessions, like petits fours.

I like seeing the restaurant food too.

Hmm, I'm sure this isn't helping at all.

Love your blog though. I also like your insights into the sacrifices involved in modeling, the eating disorders (though I'm so glad you worked your way out of yours).

Devan said...

Yum ! that restraunt food looks AWESOME

gosh. peanut is so precious!

your Gingerbread house is RAD