Saturday, July 11, 2009

Daily Eats ~ July 11th

I'm going out to the Hamptons in just a few days, and as luck would have it, I happened upon the 2009 Hamptons Survival Guide over at the Peanut Butter & Jenny blog! I LOVE the Hamptons-- so much so, that when our lease is up in January, Mom and I are thinking of moving out there. Afterall, what could be nicer than getting a cozy cottage in the Hamptons after spending 3 noisy years in Manhattan? :) But in the mean time, we're only going to be visiting there this summer... We'll be going out for just a day this month, and maybe another day next month. Last year we stayed in Southampton for a week, but we have baby Peanut now, so until we get closer to moving we'll probably just be taking day trips instead.

Have any of you ever been to the Hamptons? If so, tell me about it!
____________________________________________

Breakfast:
I had my last 2 Van's Belgian Waffles... I got the Multigrain (aka healthier) ones to have this week instead. I topped my waffles with the usual-- strawberries, real maple syrup, and dollops of whipped cream. I had some of a "Grapeade" Nantucket Nectar juice with it as well.


Lunch:
I had an Amy's Vegetable Pie in a Pocket Sandwich with a Mott's Peach Medley apple sauce.


A live action shot of Peanut eating the apple sauce! :)


Snack:
I had a peanut butter Clif Builder's Bar... an all natural source of vegan protein!


Peanut took a nap with Pellet this afternoon.
(I did not pose him with the beanie baby, he did that all by himself! :)


Dinner:
I had a MorningStar Farms mushroom burger on a Rudi's Organic whole wheat roll with 2 slices of cheese, some ketchup on the side, and mixed veggies alongside.


Dessert:
I made a sandwich out of 2 Glenny's 100 calorie chocolate chip brownies by spreading Nutella in between them (and on top)! I garnished the plate with some blueberries, raspberries & whipped cream too. (I find the Nutella helps with whatever aftertaste these brownies have... lol)


Just wanted to give an update on my Grandfather's condition... while he's not critical or anything, he's not doing as well as expected, so he won't be coming home from the hospital tomorrow like they had planned. We'll be talking more to Grandma tomorrow to get an update. So we'll definitely be keeping our fingers crossed!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been to the Hamptons, but have to say that as much as I *LOVE* Manhattan, a change of pace to somewhere a little more laid-back has actually proven out to be wonderful for me...

Jenny said...

aw thanks so much for the shout out sweetheart! I have been to the hamptons once and I always feel super out of place! I just can't afford the stuff :( but it is absolutely beautiful1 and the restaurants are to die for!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I ADORE the Hamptons - so relaxing. Have you ever been to Martha's Vineyard though?? I like it better out there :-)

Is Peanut tagging along??

MJC said...

VeggieGirl ~ I haven't been to Martha's Vineyard in many years... Peanut won't be tagging along, because we're just going out there for the day.

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

never have I ever been to the hamptons, but always wanted to go!! It seems like such a fabulous place :)

lynn said...

i lived in nyc for 7 years and have only been to the hamptons once for a bar mitzvah....have always wanted to go for more but can't deal with traffic!!!

Healthy Beach Bum said...

never been to the Hamptons unfortunately :( On the Real Housewives of NYC they do visit there a lot! Maybe you can find some great restaurant tips from their show <3 hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I'm a total city girl... but I do have to admit that it is nice to get away from all the noise and bustle once in a while!!

I'll be sure to keep your grandfather in my thoughts.

<3 <3