Saturday, July 18, 2009

Daily Eats ~ July 18th

Last night when I looked in the closet that I keep Peanut's food in, I noticed he was down to one can! So you can guess what I'll be doing today. lol I'm going down into the West Village to run some errands, including getting more food for Peanut! And I might just stop in this terrific little Italian Bistro that I know of for lunch...

Breakfast:
This morning I got a great idea. I decided to transform my De Wafelbakker whole grain blueberry pancakes into chocolate chip pancakes! I just threw some on top as soon as they came out of the microwave. Then I added dollops of whipped cream, fresh blueberries, and real maple syrup. I had a glass of orange juice with it. These pancakes were AMAZINGLY delicious. It tasted like something you'd get at a restaurant, only better! :)


Lunch:
I had lunch at I Tre Merli, a wonderful Italian Bistro in the West Village. I stumbled upon this place back in May on my way back from the vet's office (after dropping off a stool sample! lol). They have the most WONDERFUL vodka penne, so I was dying to get it again!

First, I just had a few bites of the bread they gave me... none of the oil (I can't stand dipping bread in oil... it disgusts me!).


Then I had the Penne Alla Vodka. I added a little parmesan cheese to it too, after I'd already taken the picture. But it tastes great by itself! And they give you a PERFECT portion. I was able to eat almost the whole thing, and not feel stuffed afterwards.


Snack:
I had a mini chocolate bar that I got from Gourmet Garage in the West Village today. It's a dark chocolate bar with granola, almonds, oats, and cranberries. This was pretty good!


Peanut has been full of beans today! He just loves playing with foil, as you can see... :)


All his frisking around finally wore him out.
You can almost tell that he's dreaming about something pleasant... sweet dreams!


Dinner:
I had an Amy's Brown Rice, Black-Eyed Peas & Veggies bowl and an orange later on (not pictured).


Dessert:
I had my last Glenny's brownie (that I warmed up in the microwave), and I topped it with Nutella and sliced almonds. I had a few strawberries with whipped cream alongside. I find that the regular chocolate chip brownies don't have the aftertaste that the blondies do. Adding the sliced almonds were a nice touch. This was very tasty!
(I also had a handful of Kashi GoLean Crunch later because I was still hungry - not pictured.)


A couple of things...
  1. I still don't know whether or not Peanut's sister has been adopted, because I haven't heard back from the woman I got Peanut from. So I guess I'll be leaving the post up on the right hand side as long as I don't hear anything.
  2. My Grandpa is doing good for the most part. Mae (their dog) was so happy to see him. Grandma said that she was barely eating without him there. :( It is so touching how much she loves him... especially since she was at first afraid of him, because she had been badly abused by her previous "owner's" (if I can call them that... scumbags is more like it!), and they were men. My Grandparents' adopted Mae when she was around a year and a half back in '05.
  3. I know there are a lot of bloggers out there who read my site but don't comment. So I urge you to comment! I really would love to hear from you!!
  4. And finally, please send any FAQ's to: marinajc@rcn.com.
I hope everyone is having a good weekend! xo

6 comments:

Healthy Beach Bum said...

have a good day with those errands! :) Those pancakes looks amazing mmm

Anonymous said...

hi, thanks for the comment on my blog :)
all of the eats look delicious! have a great saturday!!
xxx

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

penne alla vodka is my favorite pasta meal :)

Jenny said...

ah those chocolate chip pancakes are genius! you always have the most amazing breakfasts :)

Anonymous said...

I'm really not a "cooing" type, but that photo of Peanut sleeping is absolutely adorable. :)

<3 <3

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of Peanut.