Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daily Eats ~ July 30th

I woke up bright and early this morning (at 5:15!) because I slept so much last night. Luckily I feel better now and Peanut was thrilled that I was up so early! He frisked around so much that he tired me back out again. lol Thanks for the well wishes on my blog yesterday... anyone who's ever had a migraine knows how terrible they are! I even threw up last night for the first time in 3 years. (I thank God that throwing up does not come easily to me however, or I'm sure I would have become bulimic at some point... I was definitely heading that way.) So I woke up super hungry too-- undoubtedly I'll be eating more today for sure!

Breakfast:
I had 2 Van's Belgian Waffles topped with maple syrup, dollops of whipped cream, and berries alongside. And I had lots of orange juice with it!


Being that I got up so early, I decided to make the most of it. I went to Union Square to make the rounds... Petco, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's. I'm so stocked up on food now, I won't have to shop for weeks! Which is a good thing, considering you practically need a mask and an oxygen tank to go outside! lol

Mid-morning snack:
I got the new peanut butter & jelly Larabar at the Whole Foods Market today (yes, I practically live there! lol). I'm usually not a fan of Larabars, but I thought this one was pretty good.


Lunch:
I had some organic stuffed mushrooms from The Organic Grill (that I got delivered yesterday from a NY grocery company called Organic Direct) on a bed of Green Giant's rice pilaf. This was really tasty and the two went well together (there were mushrooms in the pilaf too). I also had a Trader Joe's 100 calorie milk chocolate bar after lunch (not pictured).


Peanut's nap was short lived today, but he looked like an angel while it lasted! :)


Snack:
I had half of a Whole Foods granola bar (it was so huge I couldn't even finish the half of it!) with a Wallaby Organic berries & cream "down under" yogurt (these are terrific btw... if only the yogurt was thicker, like greek yogurt, then they would be perfect!).


Believe it or not, but Peanut really seemed to like the granola bar! I only let him have a tiny bit though.


Dinner:
I had Trader Joe's Garden Vegetable Lasgne with some cut up oranges. (I LOVE their lasagna!)


Dessert:
I picked up one of my favorites at Trader Joe's today... their amazing chocolate lava cake! Just 45 seconds in the microwave and it's perfection! I garnished it with strawberries and whipped cream too.


Peanut was thrown off his schedule today because of me getting up at 5 a.m.! So he's sleeping now with Pellet (the beanie baby that bares a striking resemblance to him :).


I think I definitely made up for the lack of food yesterday! It didn't help that I woke up at the crack of dawn either (since you eat more the longer you are awake!). But the key is really eating when your hungry, and eating what you really want to-- and I do both now. I have to admit, a lot of those ED thoughts and feelings are still there, but I have to remember that I'm doing the right thing and that no one is a BAD person for eating! Which brings me to another point... I don't know why society is so hard on women when it comes to eating what they want. Why are women always supposed to be on a diet? Be hungry? Skip dessert? While men stuff their fat faces with steak and beer! (Not all men obviously, but you know... just take a look at a lot of commercials!) There is definitely a double standard, no?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought those Larabars at Whole Foods today, too... for everyone else in my house! Ha. It was actually pretty nice outside until about 8.00 ...

<3 <3

Jenny said...

glad you're head is feeling better and you and peanut had some play time this morning!

Jocelyn said...

Hey babe! I live in NYC and at whole foods also! BEST STORE EVER!!

xo

http://peacelovenutrition.wordpress.com/

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

so jealous that you found the PB & J larabar!

Anonymous said...

Next time I go to TJ's I'm gonna snag some of that chocolate :)

I want to try those LARABARS so badly! I Hope you're feeling better!

Healthy Beach Bum said...

You are so right about the double standard! I hate how Yogurt commercials are mainly targeted to women. I think Yoplait just recently put a man in one of their commercials lol.

Jealous you found that new larabar! I'm gonna have to go on a treasure hunt for it <3

Neela Marijana said...

no one is bad for eating!!! so damn right! say it out loud evertime ED comes and tell you otherwise.
if i were in the states i would adopt peanuts siblng straight away i swear but sadly i am not and i really dont want to put that poor animal through the torture of flying so many hours and carantine.
xxxx

DaisyChain said...

that larabar flavour sounds so intruiging (which I cannot spell). we don't have any of them over here

Char said...

There is a double standard, but in general our society is very unhealthy overall. People are obsessed with diets because they feel like if they are on one, they are proactive in a healthy lifestyle. It is sort of an addiction, but not addressing the real issues.

I believe you should eat what you like in moderation, unfortunately moderation to some means every meal. I am glad to see that you are eating healthy, and still enjoying dessert at times =) You are one of the few that is enjoying it in moderation..which is a hard task for many!

MJC said...

Char ~ Believe me, I didn't start out that way. Just recently have I been able to eat sweets in moderation. Blogging what I eat helps a lot! But normality is starting to come back into my life, now that I no longer binge or restrict.