Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Daily Eats ~ July 8th

I was trying to sleep this morning, but Peanut would have none of it! As soon as he hears me roll over he starts squeaking outside my door. I wanted to have him sleep with me, but when we got him he was too tiny, and now he's too frisky! I'm hoping once he settles down a bit, he'll be able to sleep on my bed. Anyways...

Breakfast:
I decided to take make Nutella French Toast with my last 2 pieces of De Wafelbakker's French Toast. I just spread a thin layer on one of the slices, made a sandwich out of it, then topped with a drizzle of maple syrup and berries. I also had an Apple & Eve juice box with it.


Peanut having a nice morning nap in my lap.


Lunch:
I had a Kashi Veggie Medley Pocket Bread Sandwich with a Mott's Peach Medley apple sauce (which Peanut had some of, like usual :). I like this Kashi sandwich, but it's a little too spicy for my taste. Regardless, it's a great lunch option for vegans!


I managed to get in and out of Trader Joe's in only 10 or 15 minutes this afternoon-- which is, by all accounts, a true miracle! I picked up more of their french toast, maple syrup, these fabulous 100 calorie milk chocolate bars (which I'll go into detail about below), and a couple other things.

Snack(s!):
I went to one of my favorite frozen yogurt/ice cream places in the city. It's a little spot called "Diet Lite Ice-Cream" in Union Square, and they serve this great frozen yogurt called Only 8. Because of the low calorie content in their frozen yogurt, this was one of my favorite places to go as an anorexic. Now I just go from time to time because their frozen yogurt is really good! I got one of their special daily flavors, "Cookies n' Cream." (Btw, this stuff kicks Tasti D-Lites ass! lol)


When I came home I also tried one of Trader Joe's 100 calorie Milk Chocolate Bars. They give you 5 individually wrapped bars in a box. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this find! Not only is the chocolate really good, but they actually give you a lot of chocolate in each bar for just 100 calories!


Later I had a handful of whole wheat cheddar Goldfish crackers...


And Peanut found a new favorite food! I used to always let Cloudy have the "tails" off Goldfish crackers, and now Peanut loves to have them too. :)


Dinner:
I had an Amy's Country Cheddar Bowl for dinner. (This is one of my favorite Amy's products!)


Snack/Dessert:
I made a delightful yogurt parfait with a Fage 0% yogurt, berries, TJ's granola w/ almonds, a drizzle of TJ's maple syrup, and I even topped it with a few chocolate chips!


And to finish the day, I'll share some more pictures that I took of Peanut tonight (and yes, he is in my lap again!).


4 comments:

A Bikini Diary said...

YUMMY beakfast!!! I love nutella and the idea between french toast sounds great!

I hope kitty lets you sleep in soon!! Have a fab day <3

Jenny said...

ah girlie i want to move in with you .. you always have the best foodie finds :) where did you find that french toast!?

yay for fro-yo and enjoying it just because it's GOOD.. not because of it's calorie content :) awesome, girl! xo

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

oh that fro-yo sounds delicious :)
i would have gotten the pb flavor haha

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Um we started our morning the same way - I've been up since 6:00am with you-know-who, walking and running and playing and jumping and OH MY, she's a ball of energy, hahaha :-D

That IS a miracle for Trader Joe's - it's hard to get in there and out so fast.