Thursday, June 11, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 11th

I got up early on this rainy (again!) Thursday morning to go to Trader Joe's. I got 2 boxes of their amazing french toast and 2 of their organic maple syrup's (hey, I was stocking up!!), box of 2 chocolate lava cakes (haven't tried these yet, but I'm dying to!), 2 Fage 0% yogurts (which almost taste better than 2% if you ask me!), a spinach and mushroom quiche, package of light string cheese, mushroom noodle soup, and another box of low fat granola with almonds!

Breakfast:
I had a Naked Juice "Bare Breeze" juice before I left for the store. This Peach Mangosteen Bliss flavor is the best one I've tried yet!


When I got home I had a Clif Mojo Dipped Peanut Butter & Jelly bar.


Lunch:
I sort of broke lunch into 2 parts today as well as breakfast... So, for "part one" I had Trader Joe's Spinach & Mushroom Quiche. Yes, this is loaded with fat and calories, but I was really craving something like this. I didn't eat a lot of the crust though! :/


For "part two" I had Trader Joe's Mushroom Rice Noodle Soup Bowl. This was pretty good, but a little too spicy/salty for my taste. (And I didn't add the little oil packet that comes with it. I found that to be too gross. Hey, I'm trying though!)


Peanut messing with the mushroom soup box!


Snack:
I had some apple slices and 2 Trader Joe's Organic Light String Cheese Sticks (which Peanut and I both enjoyed!). I also already got my July issue of InStyle in the mail today! Is it just me or does anyone else find it a bit insulting that InStyle still features $1000+ bags in these tough economic times?! (I also had a big teaspoon of Nutella as an afternoon pick-me-up - not pictured.)


Dinner:
I heated up the rest of my Trader Joe's Vegetable Fried Rice (because I was pretty hungry) and had an Amy's Teriyaki Wrap with it. I guess I made too much rice, because I got full pretty quickly, so I ended up only having around half of this meal.


Dessert:
I tried one of my Trader Joe's Chocolate Lava Cakes... OMG, this was AMAZING! I topped it with a bit of Cool Whip and a sliced strawberry.


And here's a picture I just took of Peanut (in action!), going to town on Pellet, the Beanie Baby that I gave him.


Today wasn't a good day food wise... at least, I'm not happy about it. That dessert was definitely worth it though! Again, thanks to those who follow my blog! Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions, comments, or suggestions, also if you suffer from an eating disorder and need someone to talk to! xoxo

8 comments:

Healthy Beach Bum said...

woowoo Trader Joe's! :)
We don't have one down here.. one day I will have to take a road trip and find one lol. Peach mango sounds very summery and delicious! <3

Cacti Don't Cry said...

Trader Joe's gives me anxiety attacks... it is WAY too crowded and the layout drives me insane!!

<3 <3

MJC said...

Cacti Don't Cry ~ That's why I have to go early in the morning! Otherwise you literally can't get in the door. They actually have "bouncers" at the Trader Joe's I go to in Union Square. But from around 9-10 am weekday mornings, you have the whole store to yourself!

Jenny said...

I love those bars.. definitely one of my favorites =)

in response to your question from before.. i think i may like dark chocolate dreams better than nutella.. but i obviously wouldn't complain eating either!

Have a great day Marina!

Cacti Don't Cry said...

Ah yes... the hours are sort of annoying too. I like supermarkets that open early!! Even Whole Foods is pushing it with 8.00. ;)

<3 <3

Anonymous said...

Aww what a cute picture of your kitty. In Style is one of my favourite magazines, but I agree, I would never spend that much on a bag.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Love Peanut with Pellet!! :-D

Anonymous said...

I wish we had Trader Joes over here, it looks like you get some great products from there.