Saturday, June 27, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 27th

I'm still working on more about the blog dinner, so bare with me! But here's a fun fact: it seems that everyone left Candle 79 starving, since the portions were so, so tiny, and we all ended up getting ice cream afterwards! lol I hate to have to write this but Candle 79 is a rip-off, folks! Anyways...

Breakfast:
I had 2 Van's Belgian Waffles with TJ's maple syrup, strawberries, and real whipped cream. I had an Apple & Eve apple juice box with it as well.


This morning Peanut found some red tissue paper that was in a Sephora bag that I had lying around. As you can see, he had a good time with it!


Then he had a rest on a pile of laundry in my room!


Lunch:
I had a Stouffer's Cheese French Bread Pizza for lunch, along with 2 oranges that I cut up into chunks. I LOVE this pizza-- the bread is so crunchy and delicious!


Snack:
I had a Clif Mojo Dipped PB & J Bar.


Dinner:
I made one of my mushroom burgers and had it on a whole wheat roll with a slice of american cheese, with ketchup on the side. I also made some mixed veggies (peas, carrots, & corn) to have with it.


Dessert:
I had a Blue Bunny ice cream sandwich with a handful of fresh blueberries and a dollop of whipped cream.


(I also had a teaspoon of PB & Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams and some Wheat Thins later... not pictured.)

So more on the blog dinner... Here's a list of the lovely bloggers I had dinner with last night:

Heather ~ Hangry Pants
She orchestrated this event for VeggieGirl, so a big "Thank You!" to her!

On her blog she has some pictures of me yapping away at the blog dinner. lol

Deirdre & Amelia ~ Highways to Health
They are roommates who share this blog.


Caroline ~ Consider This!

I know she will have much more from her trip to NYC coming soon!

She also brought her boyfriend Ari with her (who happened to be the only guy there!).



One of the lovely girls I sat next to!

The other lovely girl I sat next to. And we had one of those "it's a small world" moments when we realized that we had lived at the same apartment building a couple of years ago!

So there were 14 of us altogether! I wish I had gotten pics of everybody, but I posted links to their blogs next to their names, because I know some of the other girls got better pics than I did (if you're interested in seeing our little get together)!

Peanut falling asleep in my lap tonight. :)

Still no word on Peanut's sister, but I did exchange e-mails with the woman I got Peanut from (who has his sister), and she will be putting up another ad on craigslist. If anyone in the NY area wants a kitten, please contact me, because at the moment, his sister still needs a home!

That's all for today, my lovelies!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

are those frozen waffles? If they are i need to find them! Becasue I am not a fan of regular waffles.. only belgium.. so much fluffier :-)

http://strivingforbalance.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I really want to go to Candle Cafe- everyone shares similar sentiments about Candle 79!

Anonymous said...

It's a real shame about the restaurant. Ice cream sounds more preferable.

Tasty Health Food said...

Mmm! Van's waffles are good. I love getting the mini ones though. They're so cute.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Candle 79 = blah.

Ice cream afterwards = oh yes :-)

Sarah Mila said...

The blog dinner was definitely filled with some great ladies! I love french bread pizza, yum :).

<3

curlytop said...

Marina,

Hi! Before I go any farther I just want to introduce myself because my mother instilled a very strict attention to proper etiquette at a very young age. I’m Emily. :D
Now that I’ve satisfied my inner Emily Post I can let you know that I recently did a makeover of Shelby’s blog, La Belle Vegan. Check it out here: http://labellevegan.blogspot.com/

I’m doing a giveaway for another special blogger to redesign there site. If you are interested drop by my site and check it out!

I'm moving to RI in September to go to Rhode Island School of Design. Can't wait to be closer to NY and get to go to all of these fun NY bloggie events!

With Love,

Emily