Sunday, June 7, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 7th

I've been doing this blog for a whole week now and I haven't had many comments/responses... So to my more experienced bloggers out there, how do I increase traffic to my blog? Do I need to be doing something else? Please give me feedback and let me know!! Anyways, on to...

Breakfast:
I had 2 Van's Belgian Waffles topped with berries & Trader Joe's maple syrup. (I was going to add a bit of cool whip, but I forgot!) I also had an Apple & Eve apple juice box with it.


Lunch:
I had an Amy's Vegetable Pie in a Pocket Sandwich (this is one of my favorites!) with a Mott's Peach Medley apple sauce (which Peanut loves by the way!).


Snack:
I had one of the most awesome things EVER from the Whole Food's Market (the one in Chelsea to be precise)... Jelly Roll Cake! It is the perfect summer treat, and surprisingly not too bad for you either (they list ALL the ingredients on the package). Oh, and I can't eat all of this in one sitting! In fact, I threw some out, which brings me to my next point... (read below)


______________________________________________________________

I want to take a minute to talk about something that happened today... I went to pick up some pictures... I had an entire roll of film starring Peanut, of course! But there was this one picture that my Mom took of Peanut sitting on my lap. Granted, it wasn't a good angle, but I looked SO fat. I really felt sick when I saw it. The first thing I thought of is that I need to start starving myself again, STAT! It's very hard for me, someone who used to be a size 0 model (at 5'9") to see myself at a "normal" size (especially since that none of my old jeans fit and I don't have the heart to buy new ones, so I'm stuck in leggings and yoga pants!). Just this morning I looked in the mirror and thought "I look pretty good." Then by afternoon I thought "I look absolutely horrible" and wanted to cry. I don't know what to do with myself sometimes... Just thought I'd share and let you guys know that it's still such a struggle for me. (For more about my story, check out my first post.)
______________________________________________________________

Dinner:
I had Amy's Roasted Vegetable Lasagna. It may not look super appealing, but blame it on the picture because it tastes really good! (Also had an orange after dinner - again, not pictured)


Snack:
I got this idea from Jenny... I took a plain Fage 2% yogurt and topped it with a VitaTop chocolate muffin and some fat free Cool Whip! I also added a couple of strawberries on top (after I had already taken the picture). This is a very filling snack/dessert!


I'll end the day by sharing a photo of Peanut I took a couple of weeks ago-- since I didn't get any pics of him today! I was too busy sorting through the pictures I picked up earlier.


I'd also like to hear your thoughts on eating disorders and my earlier post today... Feel free to contact me anytime, as I like to help other people suffering with ED's. I like to think that we're all in this together... Afterall, it isn't easy being a woman these days...

6 comments:

Healthy Beach Bum said...

Hi there! Just stumbled upon your blog. That waffle looks really really tasty right now :))) B-fast is the best part of the day for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marina, I just found your blog, I love your little kitty and Peanut is a great name.

I found the best way to recieve comments/traffic/readers is by commenting on other peoples' blogs. Also by following their blogs (on the followers gadget)and adding them to your blog list. I usually find new blogs by checking other bloggers fav blogs and followers. Hope that helps, I will be following.
Love Rose.

mpotato said...

i'll definitely add you to my list!! <3 good idea chica. I just saw you live in new york and I am SOSO jealous. I've only been there once but I definitely fell in love with it.

Healthy Beach Bum said...

sorry that mpotato is meee, Shannon from Healthy Beach bum :) .. I guess I wasn't signed it with the right name, mpotato was my experimenting name before I started my blog lol <3

Cacti Don't Cry said...

Hey --

I'm sorry that you're having a hard time -- it definitely isn't easy. I wish I had the quick answer to make it all better for everyone, but I don't... just keep at it, is all anyone can do.

Like Rose said... the best way to get traffic to your blog is to comment on others' blogs!

<3 <3

Melinda said...

Hi, I just found your blog- I too have dealt with ED all of my life-anorexia, bulimia, all kinds of diets which I think just messed up my metabolism. I'm just now starting to learn to love myself and just try to eat healthy without beating myself up too much about everything. I think it's always a battle- we just have to turn those negative thoughts into positive ones- if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here. It's nice to have someone to share the journey with. If you check out my blog- on the top tab I have my ED story if you want to read it.