Thursday, June 18, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 18th

Peanut has his third vet appointment this afternoon (kittens have to go every month for the first few months to get their shots). Unfortunately it's going to be pouring rain all day. Dad will be picking us up though so that should help. I really like our vet, Dr. Tracy Sane at the Greenwich Village Animal Hospital. He's a holistic vet and doesn't believe in over vaccinating animals (which can actually cause cancer!). Anyways, I'll give you a report on how it went at the vet's later. In the meantime, here's...

Breakfast:
I had 2 Van's pancakes with blueberries and maple syrup. I topped it with some real whipped cream (it has far better ingredients than Cool Whip!). I had some orange juice alongside.


Lunch:
I had an Amy's Mac N' Cheese Kids Meal with Tofu Pups for added protein.


"Mummy, please don't take me to the vet!"


All went well at the vet this afternoon. Peanut has now received all his vaccinations and doesn't have to go back to the vet until the fall to get neutered. He was a very good boy, and made his Mummy very proud! He didn't cry or struggle once, not even when he got two shots and his nails clipped! Dr. Sane is so good with him and such a nice, easy going guy, so if you are looking for a good vet in the NYC area, I highly recommend him!

Snack:
I had a quick snack today when I got back from the vet's. I had my other Kashi GoLean Chewy Bar... Malted Chocolate Crisp (this one is my favorite!).


Dinner:
I decided to have my last bit of Ellio's pizza left in the freezer tonight and it turned into a fiasco! I made the mistake of breaking the last slice into 2 pieces, and one of the pieces was too little, so it ended up falling down the oven crack and making a huge mess. Not to mention, this was all that could be salvaged... one small slice and I cut up 2 oranges to have with it.


Since I had such a small dinner, I microwaved a frozen twice baked broccoli & cheddar potato that I got from Whole Foods. (They come 2 per box, and they are good to keep around for night's like this! lol)


Snack:
I had a more filling snack tonight, because my dinner wasn't... a Food For Life Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel English Muffin with PB & J and a couple of strawberries to go along with it.


Little Peanut is worn out from his busy day...
(Actually he's a big boy now! A whole 3 pounds, 4 ounces! :)

5 comments:

Healthy Beach Bum said...

those pancakes look amazinggg. They make me want to have bfast for dinner!

Anonymous said...

Aww isn't Peanut a good kitty, bless him.

Aimee said...

I have been wanting to try those Amy's Kids Meals.

I like the sounds of your vet!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Thank goodness all went well with little Peanut - his vet sounds fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Peanut does look bigger. So glad the vets appointment went well.