Friday, June 26, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 26th

Tonight is the big blog dinner at Candle 79 (a famous vegan restaurant here in NYC). I'm really looking forward to it! I promise to post pictures from it, so check back later tonight! Also, Peanut's sister still needs a home or she will have to be brought to a shelter, because the owner can't keep her. So again, if anyone in the NY area wants an orange kitten, please contact me!!

Breakfast:
I had 2 slices of Trader Joe's amazing french toast, topped with their own maple syrup, dollops of real whipped cream, and some berries alongside. I also had a glass of orange juice with it.


Lunch:
I had an Amy's Spinach Pizza in a Pocket Sandwich with a Mott's Peach Medley apple sauce (and yes, Peanut had some-- it's his favorite!).


Snack:
After lunch I had my cherry Dum-Dum lollipop that I got at the bank yesterday...


Later I made a yogurt parfait out of a Fage Total 0% yogurt, berries, TJ's granola with almonds, and a drizzle of maple syrup to top it off!


Peanut finishing off his tuna...


Dinner:
I had a good time meeting my fellow bloggers at Candle 79! I've only been there a couple of times, and both of those times it has been for brunch, so I never tried anything off their lunch or dinner menu...

I got the hand cut pasta... it came with veggies in a cashew cream sauce.


The hand made pasta was good, but I thought the sauce was too spicy or overly seasoned somehow. The portion was also really small for $18. I didn't finish this dish and I'd really only recommend Candle 79 for brunch. I wasn't wild about the dinner, but I did enjoy the company! I didn't take many pics because the lighting was pretty dark. I'm sure that the other girls (and one guy!) got better pictures though with their fancy, flash cameras! lol

Dessert:
I was really quite hungry afterwards, so on my way home I stopped in a Baskin Robbins and got a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cone!


Snack:
I also had a Naked Juice later when I got home. (Note Peanut in the background! :)


I really enjoyed meeting everyone, especially VeggieGirl, since I've been talking to her online for a while now. I was glad to hear her parent's are fans of Peanut! lol Speaking of which, here's a pic I took of my little buddy tonight...


Still no word on who will adopt Peanut's sister, but I know people are trying to spread the word, and I really do appreciate it!

I will be posting more about this blog dinner and the bloggers I met at a later date, so check back!

5 comments:

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

ah im so jealous your going to that restaurant!! i've only heard AMAZING things!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Girl, Caroline and I weren't impressed with dinner either. We split a pint of ice cream afterward at Pure Food and Wine, haha!! :-)

My folks and I are looking at your blog right now, and we're all touched by your kind words :-) Keep in touch and good luck with Peanut's sister!!

MJC said...

VeggieGirl ~ Yeah, I thought the dinner was disappointing. Glad I wasn't the only one to have ice cream afterwards! haha

Thanks so much! Glad you guys like the blog! Have a safe trip back!

Diana said...

I can't get over your kitten! I so miss having a cat. Anyway, I'm sorry we didn't get to chat more, even though we were sitting right next to each other! Big dinners are hard like that, but I'm so glad Heather sent out a list of everyone's name with URL so I was able to update my post with your link! I was feeling embarrassed last night when I realized I didn't have pics/links for everyone there. And yeah I had ice cream afterward too. :)

bhealthier said...

awww I just found your blog b/c of your meet up with all the other bloggies. I am highly allergic to cats but had one when I was younger, your little baby is adorable!