Thursday, June 4, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 4th

I got up early this morning to go to Trader Joe's. It was kind of nice, because I got to walk with Mom to her job (since it was in the same direction). There is only 1 Trader Joe's in all of Manhattan, as opposed to 5, soon-to-be 6 Whole Foods Markets! So if you don't get there within the first hour or two of it's opening, be prepared for the worst lines you've ever seen in your life! Anyways, my grocery shopping is finally done for the week and I got myself a very nice haul! :)

Breakfast:
Since I was in a rush this morning, I just had a glass of orange juice and a Kashi coffee cake bar.


Lunch:
For lunch I tried Trader Joe's Penne Pasta with Creamy Vodka Marinara Sauce. I absolutely LOVE Penne with Vodka Sauce at restaurants, so I was hoping it would taste similar to what I was used to...


Unfortunately it just tasted like regular, mediocre pasta. I really had high hopes for this one, because it looked so promising! But even though I followed the instructions to a tee, the pasta came out soggy and I couldn't taste the vodka sauce at all! (Unlike this place I tried in the West Village last month... now that's Penne with Vodka Sauce!)


Maybe it was the lack of protein or a small breakfast, but I was still really hungry, so I made a veggie cheese dog! I microwaved one of my jumbo veggie dogs and put a few strips of american cheese in it. It may look gross, but it tasted delicious!


And here's Peanut taking a nap between my legs this afternoon...


Snack:
I decided to make a yogurt parfait with a Fage Total 2% Peach Yogurt & some Trader Joe's Low Fat Granola with Almonds...


And voila!


Dinner:
I found this entree at Whole Foods yesterday... it's from an organic company called "Seeds of Change." I had their Turkish Seven Grain Pilaf. It was really good! I've had it once before, but a long time ago, and I forgot how much I liked it. I also had an orange after dinner (not pictured).


Dessert:
I bought this awesome strawberry shortcake from Trader Joe's today. I couldn't wait to have a piece! My only gripe is that this cake is TINY.


I had two pieces, as they were very small. Here's what the cake looks like on the inside... very little cake, mostly whipped cream, but very tasty! This is a great light dessert to share with two people (in my case, I shared mine with Mom!).

I also had some of my Trader Joe's Cafe Twists with it (not pictured).



I figured I'd finish the day with a picture of Peanut sleeping on top of his carrier (which he LOVES).

Today wasn't so good food wise, and I was pretty hungry all day. I'm going to aim at being healthier, although I do believe that it's okay to have dessert or a treat every day. I just want to keep it healthy at least 90% of the time. Please keep the comments coming and let me know how I'm doing!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a gorgeous shortcake!! And a cute Peanut, as always :-)

You're doing fabulously - don't give up!!

MJC said...

Thanks VeggieGirl! I am trying, but I still struggle because I feel like I'm eating too much to lose weight. Yet if I restrict the way I used to, I will make myself sick and ultimately binge. It's like a lose-lose situation, so I'm trying to just get used to eating regularly.