Friday, June 19, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 19th

If you liked my Nutella French Toast, you're going to love my newest creation! Hold on to your hats for this one.... Dark Chocolate Dreams Pancakes!

Breakfast:
I took 2 Van's Pancakes and spread PB&Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams on one of the pancakes. Then I made a sandwich out of it, and topped with blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup. I also had an Apple & Eve juice box (not pictured).


Lunch:
I had a Van's Veggie, Egg & Cheese Pocket Sandwich. I never tried this before and I wasn't disappointed. This was VERY good and makes for a great quick meal!


After lunch I had a piece of Whole Food's vegan pineapple upside down cake. (Seriously, this is the best vegan dessert I've ever had!) 


Peanut yawning in the laundry basket this afternoon.


Mom wants to go to the Olive Garden tonight (we live right down the block from one), so I'll be posting my "dinner eats" a little later than usual. Oh, and I'm not having a snack this afternoon to save room for dinner (their portions are huge!).

Dinner:
The Olive Garden... what's not to love? The one my Mom and I have been going to for years on 6th Ave. is consistently really good. We started off with drinks (they don't card you here, lol)...

I had a Peach Fresco. I drank less than half though (it was REALLY strong and I hardly ever have alcohol, as I'm not a fan... alcohol = toxins, but once in a blue moon is ok :).


Then I had the minestrone soup and some breadsticks... Depending on who you ask, the minestrone soup is supposedly vegan (but I wouldn't swear to it). I have always loved this soup though, and it's the healthiest thing on the menu! I only eat the non-garlic side of the breadsticks, so I kind of hollow them out. lol


I had one of my favorite dishes of all time, but unfortunately not the healthiest, Five Cheese Ziti al Forno. I can never finish this, but it is SO good.


Dessert:
I figured, let's go for the full Olive Garden experience! So Mom and I got a piece of their incredibly delicious white chocolate raspberry cheesecake to share! It is very rich, so a little goes a long way. Here's my half...


I try to enjoy an occasional indulgent meal like this, but yes, I do still freak out over the amount of fat and calories! I feel a bit sick to be honest, but that probably has to do with the combination of alcohol and cheesecake! Oh well, tomorrow is another day and hopefully I'll do better food wise!

5 comments:

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

i really need to get me some nuetella! this sounds amazing :D

Jenny said...

mmm pb and pancakes sounds crazy good =)!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

VEGAN PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE?!?!??!?!

**turns green with envy**

Anonymous said...

Mmmm yummy pancakes.

Rose said...

Alcohol and cheesecake great combination.

I'm just letting you know I've had to move my blog, it explains everything in my post.

Love Rose

http://rosecoffee.wordpress.com/