Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 16th

Today I just have some errands to run... and I'm going to try a vegan ice cream place that I've heard great things about, so stay tuned for that review coming later!

Breakfast:
I decided to make Nutella French Toast again! I used 2 slices of Trader Joe's French Toast, a thin layer of Nutella spread on one of the slices, then I made a sandwich out of it. I topped it with a little Trader Joe's Maple Syrup and some berries. I also had one of my Apple & Eve apple juice boxes with it.


Lunch:
I had some Penne A La Vodka from the Westside Market and I added in some peas (and tofu pups for added protein).


Peanut watching Mummy eat lunch.


Snack:
I was in the East Village picking up some kitten food for Peanut (Blue Buffalo Spa Select Kitten Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe to be precise :) at Whisker's Holistic, and I wanted to try the vegan ice cream place around the corner from them called Stogo. I want to start off by saying that I really wanted to like this place and I'm usually a big fan of soy or non-dairy ice creams. But for me, Stogo was a no-go!

For starters, I checked out their website before I went, and saw that they had "chocolate chip cookie" as one of the flavor options. But when I got there they didn't have it and it appears the only chocolate chip cookie they had was mint. And I am NOT a fan of anything mint. (It mucks everything up with it's strong taste if you ask me!)

But, I saw that they had a red velvet cake flavor, which is usually a winner, so I got that instead...


While it looks appealing, I didn't really like the taste or texture. They gave me a generous portion for a small (it was expensive though-- $4.60 with tax), but I only ate a few bites of it. (Since I didn't eat much of this, I had a Trader Joe's string cheese later on - not pictured.)

Dinner:
I sort of had breakfast for dinner tonight-- one of my favorites, Amy's Tofu Scramble! I also had an orange after dinner like usual (not pictured).


Snack & Dessert:
Ok, so first I decided to have a Mott's Healthy Harvest Peach Medley apple sauce.


Then I had my last Vitatop topped with Nutella and a single strawberry.

(Speaking of Nutella, guess who likes it? I'll give you a hint: he's cute, furry, and orange! Don't worry though, he only had a tiny lick. I know cats & chocolate don't mix!!)


Peanut on my bed tonight... notice the cute little spots on his belly?! :)


As always, your comments, questions, & suggestions are appreciated!

7 comments:

Healthy Beach Bum said...

I agree about minty desserts... mint choc ice cream especially just doesn't do anything for me! Just chocolate alone is the best way to go mmm.
Peanut is giving you those eyes that Puss in Boots from Shrek 2 does!! Adorable :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog so "hello" (also in recovery and learning to love food again and from NY though living in Scotland right now!)

I love West Side Market :)

have a great day!

oh, and your breakfast looks/sounds amazing! and such a cute cat!

Anonymous said...

Peanut just gets cuter and cuter.

Tea Time Consultants said...

French Toast sounds & looks great.
stop by my blog sometime.
http://www.teatimeconsultants.blogspot.com

Thanks

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Too bad about the ice cream :-( It DOES look good though, haha.

You already know what I'll say about Peanut - he's just too freaking ADORABLE.

MJC said...

Healthy Beach Bum ~ You're absolutely right about Peanut looking like Puss in Boots from Shrek in that pic! lol

bird said...

Hi!! What exactly is Nutella? Is it chocolate peanut butter? I'm baffled. Breakfast for dinner is extra delicious, especially pancakes!!