Saturday, June 13, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 13th

Today Peanut turns 3 months old (he was born on March 13th), so to celebrate I thought I'd post a few of my favorite baby photos! They grow up so fast!!!

Peanut with his beloved carrier. This was his first full day home.

Napping on Mom's bed with his feet in the air!

With his beloved racoon toy... notice how their heads are the same size! (Just to give you an indication of just how tiny he was!)

On Mummy having a morning cuddle.

In Mummy's lap... again, excuse the pajamas!

Today's going to be a little different, because I'm going to one of my favorite vegan places for brunch, so the "daily eats" portion of the blog will be later than usual today... but please check back because you won't be disappointed!! :)

Brunch:
I went to my favorite vegan brunch spot in the city, and that is Sacred Chow. They are on one of my favorite streets in Manhattan, Sullivan St. I love it because it's such a quiet, residential block in Greenwich Village. Also, Peanut Butter & Co. is right across the street! How awesome is that?!

The door at Sacred Chow.

Inside it's a lovely, tranquil setting... notice the pretty grape lights! :)

I have a special love for Sacred Chow. Yes, it's small. Yes, it's a cliched vegan restaurant. But I love this place. I guess I feel a special connection to it, because it was the first restaurant I felt comfortable in as an anorexic (and at that point, nearly ALL restaurants scared me).

For brunch I had their amazing banana bread french toast. It's basically a big hunk of banana bread with blueberry sauce on top! Now here's the kicker-- one of the only fruits I don't like are bananas! Yet I love this banana bread for some reason. I just pick the few banana pieces off the top. This is super filling too and loaded with good-for-you stuff! (I can never finish all of it, and all I had was a glass of OJ earlier.)


Late Lunch:
I had an Amy's Vegetable Pie in a Pocket Sandwich. (This is non-dairy by the way, but technically not vegan because it contains honey.)


Dinner:
I had an Amy's Single Serve Cheese Pizza with an orange. I thought that this was one of the best frozen pizzas I've ever had! Mom also made some corn on the cob, so I had a piece of that too (not pictured).


Dessert:
VitaMuffin topped with Nutella and a couple of strawberries alongside.


Peanut at 3 months old today...


On the ducky bath mat! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww such cute pictures. He really is a doll isn't he.

Thanks for the comment BTW.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, can't wait for your post on the vegan brunch.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great eats and LOVELY photos of dear Peanut!!

Healthy Beach Bum said...

The ambiance in that restaurant looks so inviting! Their french toast sounds great :)
Cute kitty pics!!