Saturday, June 20, 2009

Daily Eats ~ June 20th

My Dark Chocolate Dreams pancakes were so good yesterday, I figured, why not do a french toast version? So here it is...

Breakfast:
I took 2 slices of Trader Joe's French Toast, put a thin layer of PB&Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams on one slice, made a sandwich out of it, and topped with TJ's Maple Syrup, and I sliced up some strawberries to go along with it. I also had a glass of OJ pictured alongside.


Lunch:
I had an Amy's Tofu Scramble in a Pocket Sandwich & a Mott's Peach Medley apple sauce.


Peanut playing with a foil ball on this rainy afternoon.


Snack:
I had a Fage 0% yogurt with berries, Trader Joe's granola with almonds, and a drizzle of maple syrup on top.


Dinner:
I got this idea from Peta's site, and it reminds me of one of my favorite dishes as a kid-- hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls! I took 2 Tofu Pups and wrapped them in Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls and baked them. I served them with a side of ketchup. (This part of the meal was all vegan too.) To go with it, I had another favorite from when I was a kid, mac & cheese and peas! But I used Annie's Single Serve Mac & Cheese (because it's healthier and tastier!) and mixed in a single serve bag of Birdseye Steamfresh Sweet Peas! All in all, I really enjoyed this meal, and I'll be making a lot more of these tofu pups in crescent rolls this week (as both can only last in the refrigerator for 5-7 days).


Peanut also enjoyed his dinner...


Dessert:
I had a cool vegan dessert that I got from the Whole Foods Market the other day... a Moo-Cluck Creme Filled Choc. Cupcake!


This really reminded me of a Hostess cupcake, but it's vegan. I couldn't finish all of it because it's actually a really big cupcake and has a ton of cals, but I'm PMS'ing and this hit the spot!


I really do appreciate your comments, so keep them coming! xo

5 comments:

Emily@The Experimentariam said...

Hey, how do you like that PB and Co. Dark Chocolate flavor? I just reviewed the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl on my blog, and I didn't love it. Keep up the awesome work in your recovery--I love how you said "learning to love food again." I hope we both get there :) Although I do not openly talk about my ED on my own blog, my goal is to try and experiment with all the "crazy" foods I can find in an effort to broaden my tastes, so previously confined by Ed.
xoxo,
E

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

i really need to try that Amy's pocket! sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

I love the hotdog wraps.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looks like Peanut truly enjoyed his meal!! :-) Wowza, that cupcake looks scrumptious - glad you were able to fully enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that kitties can make toys out of the simplest things.